Wednesday, June 04, 2008

3 hours of freedom

Andrea and I had our first official date about 5 years ago at a Giants game. So it was only fitting that we would return to a Giants game for our first date since the arrival of our son, Joey. The great thing about going to a Giants baseball game is that Steph and Doug (my sister and brother in-law) have a condo right across from the ball park... you step outside the door of their building, cross the street and BAM!, you're at the park. We volunteered Steph and Doug to watch Joey while we enjoyed a foggy San Francisco afternoon ball game.

I have always hated people who came to the ball park and yapped on their cell phones instead of watching the game. But I soon found myself reaching into my pocket on a regular basis to make sure that there were no missed calls from Steph and Doug. It was hard but I even managed to resist the urges to call and check up on Joey. Thankfully, Steph text messaged me in the second inning to let me know that Joey was fine and was taking a solid nap. After a couple of beers, a Sheboygan Bratwurst, and garlic fries, we settled in and started to enjoy our date. The game moved at a really fast pace. In just over 2 hours, we reached the 8th inning where the Giants were trailing the Padres by the score of 5 - 0. We decided that it was probably time to head back and take Joey off Steph and Doug's hands. When we got back to the condo, Joey was still asleep. Steph and Doug didn't even have to change Joey's diaper once. According to them, it was the easiest 3 hours of baby sitting they have ever had! Great... is it too late to buy season tickets???


Joey fast asleep at Steph and Doug's.

No comments:

Joey's Slide Show